Sound is important when interacting with the BlueStacks App Player. The quality of gameplay and other operations depends on how well the audio track is played back. Therefore, in a situation when the sound in BlueStacks 5 is missing, you should immediately try to find a solution to the problem.
Problems with sound in the emulator
Problems with sound when playing games or listening to music through the emulator do not occur out of nowhere. There is a reason, which many users can’t identify. In addition, the sound may be completely muted or just low in volume.
No sound at all
If a user encounters a problem with a complete lack of sound, the first thing that should be done there is to test the speakers or headset outside the emulator. If the audio is not played in the browser or in the audio player, it is possible that the speaker system is out of order.
But often such problems with the sound and the microphone are due to a more common reason, which is much easier to fix. Maybe the sound is just muted either in the BlueStacks or Windows settings.
The sound is quiet
If the problem with the microphone on BlueStacks or music playback concerns only the volume, the solution becomes the changed settings. You need to simply increase the volume. Let’s look at how to do it.
How to fix the problem
When there is no sound in BlueStacks, or it plays extremely quietly, you should first check the functionality of the speaker system. If you feel that there is nothing wrong with it, proceed to the instructions on how to fix the error:
- Start the emulator.
- Press the speaker icon on the right-hand side.
- Unmute the sound and/or increase the volume.
- If the problem is not solved – go to the next step. Minimize the emulator go to the system tray.
- Right-click on the speaker icon there.
- Select “Open Volume Mixer”.
- Make sure that the speaker icon under the BlueStacks App Player is active and increase the volume if necessary.
If you have problems with the microphone, it is recommended to do the following:
- Open the “Run” window by pressing the key combination Win+R.
- Enter the query “mmsys.cpl” (without quotes), and hit OK.
- Go to the “Recording” tab.
- Select your microphone with the left mouse button, then click on “Properties”.
- In the Levels tab, increase your microphone volume, and the microphone boost volume if necessary.
- Click the “Apply” button to save the settings, then press OK to close the window.
Note that the audio recording problem may not be related to the settings, but to the hardware. The microphone may be faulty or clogged. Be sure to check its condition.
To avoid encountering problems with audio playback and recording when interacting with BlueStacks, it is recommended to monitor the state of your audio equipment.
In addition, you should regularly install the latest drivers for your sound card (you can do this through the Windows “Device Manager”).
Finally, if nothing helps you can always contact the BlueStacks’ tech support.