What is Bluestacks? This is an emulator program that is installed on your computer for the purpose of running applications developed for the Android platform. That is, if you want to play your favorite mobile games not on your phone, but on your computer, for more convenience, then you need to install Bluestacks. You will also have access to other programs placed in the Google Play Store. Bluestacks 1 is the very first version of the emulator, which works perfectly on Windows computers and has all the necessary features.
The full name of the program is BlueStacks App Player 1. This is an emulator designed to run Android applications on your computer. The first version of the emulator was released in 2011. Despite the fact that the first release can’t be called quite successful, due to many errors in the source code, the program is pretty popular both among gamers and programmers. With its help, it is possible to run any mobile games, programs and other Android applications on a Windows PC. In addition, you will have access to lots of other useful functions.
Features and capabilities
Now more about what will be available to you after you install such an emulator program as BlueStacks version 1 on your computer:
- download and run any mobile applications developed for Android phones and tablets;
- use the Google Play Store to download new applications;
- install applications from third-party APK files;
- set up the synchronization of the mobile device and computer.
Before you install any application on your computer, you should first familiarize yourself with its system requirements. For Bluestacks 1 to work properly, your device must meet the following requirements:
- operating system: Windows XP, Vista, 7, macOS;
- free space on your hard drive: from 300 MB;
- video memory: 256 MB;
- CPU: 1.8 GHz or faster;
- RAM: 2 GB and up.
Download BlueStacks 1
To download BlueStacks 1, select the desired version in the table and click the “Download” button, then specify a folder to save the installation file. The download will take a few minutes, upon completion of which you can proceed to startup and installation.
|Application||OS||App Version||Android Version||File Size||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.10.7.5601||Kitkat 4.4||250.74 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.9.34.4500||Kitkat 4.4||250.74 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.9.30.4239 + ROOT||KitKat 4.4||253.59 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.9.17.4138 + ROOT||KitKat 4.4||250.85 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.9.8.4406||KitKat 4.4||235.09 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.8.1.3011||Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0||154.80 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.7.18.921||Gingerbread 2.3||112.11 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||Windows 7, XP||0.7.14.901||Gingerbread 2.3||108.72 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 1||macOS||0.9.21.415610||230 MB||Download|
Support for BlueStacks 1.x is discontinued, in order for the emulator work properly, you must download and run fix BlueStacks 0.9.x, 1.x
- Unpack archive.
- Run as admin.
- Agree to any changes.
- Restart BlueStacks.
Installation and Getting started
When the Bluestacks software package is downloaded, you need to launch it. The program will not open immediately, as it will start the initialization process and unpack the archive, which may take several minutes. The installation will then look like this:
- A window will appear where you first need to accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Clicking “Continue” takes you to the next step, where you need to check the checkboxes to install additional components.
- Press “Continue” again and indicate where to install the program. Here it is better not to change anything and unpack the emulator to the default destination.
- The last step is authorization on Google services and linking your phone to the program. If you don’t have an Android phone, then you can skip the sync part.
The first launch of Bluestacks may take a few minutes. This is absolutely normal, as various settings of the program are performed. In the future, opening the emulator will be many times faster.
When the installation is finished, the corresponding notification “Installation successfully completed” will appear on the screen, after which the emulator will start. If not, you can launch the program from its shortcut manually.