Bluestacks is a popular emulator designed for running Android applications on your computer. The program is absolutely free and suitable for use on the Windows platform. If we talk about Bluestacks 2, it is the second version of the famous emulator, which features improved functionality, stable operation and increased performance. If you have an old computer, but you want to use your favorite phone games and applications on it, Bluestacks 2 is the best solution.
Features and capabilities
Why install Bluestacks? If you have your favorite games and applications that you use on your Android phone, now you can run them on a big computer screen. But that’s not all. The emulator has the following features:
- run any application from the Google Play Store,
- run apk.files downloaded from different sources,
- work with Android applications in full-screen mode and control them with mouse or keyboard,
- synchronize your computer and phone,
- make calls and send messages from your computer,
- run any x86 and ARM-compatible software.
And if you get Root access, you can not only manage your phone via computer, but also make system changes to the Android platform – reflash the device, remove installed applications, reconfigure the functionality.
The emulator’s interface is simple and straightforward. On the home screen you will see familiar icons with built-in applications, as well as 16 already pre-installed popular programs.
Press the gear icon to access the settings. On the left side you will see a panel with icons, where you can control the Android emulator or use the individual functions, namely:
- video playback;
- shake the screen;
- flip the screen;
- take a screenshot;
- set location;
- install Apk;
- sharing files with Windows;
- adjust volume;
You can choose a comfortable screen layout for yourself, share your location and communicate with other players during games.
As for the top panel of the program, it has the usual set of buttons:
- minimize emulator;
- set the parameters of the program window;
- maximize the window;
- close the program.
In general, the emulator interface is not complicated, and it is very easy to understand the settings, as well as the buttons on the panel. At the first start you can click on each icon to understand what is hiding under it. Otherwise, the functionality of the program is identical to your Android phone or tablet. Only on your computer you can control applications with the mouse and keyboard, which is especially convenient.
Before downloading the program, please familiarize yourself with the system requirements so that the application will work correctly on your device. The following requirements are put forward for Bluestacks 2:
- Windows XP, Vista 7, 8, 10;
- RAM: 2 GB;
- Free space on your hard drive: from 300 MB.
Using older versions of the program allows you to install the emulator even on unpowered PCs with 2 GB RAM, unlike the latest releases, which are more demanding to the device and require at least 4 GB.
Download BlueStacks 2
Select the desired version in the table and click on “Download” and save the software package. The download will take a couple of minutes, after which you can proceed to install and run the application.
|Application||OS||App Version||Android Version||File Size||Download|
|BlueStacks 2||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||2.7.320.8504||Android 32bit, Kitkat 4.4||323.34 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 2||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||188.8.131.5267||Android 32bit, Kitkat 4.4||318.95 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 2||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||184.108.40.20658||Android 32bit, Kitkat 4.4||250.74 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 2||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||220.127.116.1131||Android 32bit, Kitkat 4.4||250.74 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 2||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||18.104.22.16838||Android 32bit, Kitkat 4.4||250.74 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 2||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||22.214.171.12438||Android 32bit, Kitkat 4.4||259.21 MB||Download|
|BlueStacks 2||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||126.96.36.19923||Android 32bit, Kitkat 4.4||294.07 MB||Download|
Installation and Getting Started
When the software package is downloaded, you can proceed to install Bluestacks 2. So, run the installation file “Bluestacks2.exe” from the download folder and do the following steps:
- Installation wizard appears on the screen, where you must first accept the terms of the license agreement, and then click “Next”.
- At the next step you specify where to install the program, but it is best to leave it as default, so again click “Next”.
- Now the program will offer you to choose the installation of additional components, namely “Access to the application store” and “Application Communication”, against each item you put a checkmark and click “Install”.
- This will start the installation process, which may take a few minutes. Wait for its completion (you will see the message “Installation completed successfully” on the screen) and start the emulator, if it does not start automatically.
The first thing you will need to do after the initial launch of the program is to log in to your Gmail account. If you’re not registered with Google Mail, then go ahead and create a personal profile first, and afterwards confirm your data in the emulator. In the personal account, you can also specify your location and attach your bank card for purchases in Google Play. When you log in with your Google account, you will be able to access all the menu functions.