On April 19, 2017, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 58 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 58 fixed 29 security issues.
What’s new in version 58
The major changes in Chrome 58 include:
- Video playback with the autoplay flag will now stop when the application switches to the screen and resume when it returns to the scope.
- Creating notifications via the Notifications API or requesting rights to display notifications is now only possible for sites opened over HTTPS.
- Article suggestions on the New Tab page are updated more frequently.
- Recently visited search engines can be used as the default search engine.
- For Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), the ability to run in full-screen mode has been implemented.
Download Google Chrome 58
You can download Google Chrome 58.0.3029.96 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||58.0.3029.96||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||58.0.3029.96||macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||58.0.3029.96||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|