Many smartphone owners try to root their devices. The same opportunity is available to users of the Android emulator BlueStacks. In order to root BlueStacks it is enough to perform a few simple actions, after which the user will discover a whole lot of new opportunities.
Why you need root access
Rooting allows you to attain privileged control over various Android subsystems, it grants you superuser rights and permissions. You can use any emulator settings, which are hidden from the user by default. In particular, a rooted BlueStacks allow you to remove system applications, change the screen saver, as well as “overclock” the emulator. The list of advantages of this type of access does not end here, so the rooting is totally worth the effort.
How to root BlueStacks 5 and 4
The process rooting is not difficult, but the emulator functionality alone is not enough to do it. It is necessary to make some preparations.
What do we need
You need to download BSTweaker to your computer. The latest version of the tool can root BlueStacks 5 (32 bit and 64 bit), as well as 64 bit BlueStacks 4.
How to use BSTweaker
First, extract all files from the downloaded archive, then:
- run BSTweaker.exe,
- go to the Settings and choose your version of BlueStacks,
- open the Root tab, press Unlock, and hit OK when prompted,
- wait for the process to end, it should take less than 1 minute,
- when it’s done, the status should change to True at the bottom panel,
- now hit the Play button,
- wait for the BlueStacks to start,
- then return to the tweaker and press Patch,
- check the status bar at the bottom of the BSTweaker window,
- when it says Root.Patch:Nougat32:True, press Install SuperSu,
- now wait for the status Root.Install SuperSu:Nougat32:True,
- then press Update Su binary,
- wait for the status Root.Update SuperSu:Nougat32:True,
- then hit the Play button again,
- search for Root checker in the Play Store, and install it,
- open this new application, agree to the terms, and press Get started,
- press Verify root,
- if everything is in order, it you’ll see Congratulations!