On March 7, 2023, Google released a new version of its browser – Google Chrome 111 for operating systems: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. A total of 40 vulnerabilities were fixed in Chrome 111.
What’s new in version 111
Most of the new features in Chrome 111 are intended for developers:
- Experimental Document PiP API (running in test mode until Chrome 115) allows developers to run arbitrary HTML page elements, not just video, in Picture-in-Picture mode.
- View Transitions API makes it easier to create smooth transitions by snapshotting views and allowing the DOM to change without any overlap between states.
- With CSS color level 4, CSS now supports high-definition displays and increases the number of available colors by 50%
- New download manager which can be manually activated by chrome://flags#download-bubble and chrome://flags#download-bubble-v2. With it, downloads are displayed in a drop-down menu next to the address bar, and an icon shows the number of active downloads.
- The browser now automatically resets permissions for websites that have not been visited in more than two months.
- WebRTC includes support for SVC (Scalable Video Coding) extensions to adapt video streams to custom bandwidth and allow you to stream multiple video streams of different quality.
Download Google Chrome 111
You can download Google Chrome 111.0.5563.65 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||111.0.5563.65||Windows 11, 10||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome Portable||111.0.5563.65||Windows 11, 10||Portable version||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||111.0.5563.64||macOS 10.13 or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||111.0.5563.64||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)|