On May 19, 2020, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 83 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10 / Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 83 fixed 38 security bugs in the browser. Also, the mobile version stopped supporting Android 4.4 (KitKat).
What’s new in version 83
The major changes in Chrome 83 include:
- In incognito mode, you can block all cookies set by third-party sites, including ad networks and web analytics systems. To activate this feature, go to chrome://flags/#improved-cookie-controls and set it to Enabled.
- Using the chrome://flags/#tab-groups feature you can now arrange multiple tabs into groups. Each group can be assigned a different color and name.
- On iOS version you can now zoom in/out text on the page.
- New tools have been added to the Privacy & Security section. To activate them, enable the chrome://flags/#privacy-settings-redesign
- A “puzzle” icon for managing extensions has appeared in the top right corner of the browser.
- Password manager can now check all saved logins and passwords against the database of compromised accounts and display a warning in case of problems.
Download Google Chrome 83
You can download Google Chrome 83.0.4103.116 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||83.0.4103.116||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||83.0.4103.116||macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||83.0.4103.116||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|