On September 5, 2017, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 61 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 61 fixed 22 security issues.
What’s new in version 61
The major changes in Chrome 61 include:
- Device RAM API support allows sites to see the amount of RAM available on the device. This data can be used to optimize web application performance for the user’s computer hardware configuration.
- Chrome will no longer decode video frames using Media Source in background tabs. This should help improve performance and avoid high CPU load due to background tabs.
- A new button for scanning QR codes has been added to the iOS version.
- The addition of the Web Share API to the Android version allows web apps to share links, text and files with other apps installed on the device.
- Translation of pages is made more convenient with a compact and intuitive toolbar.
Download Google Chrome 61
You can download Google Chrome 61.0.3163.79 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||61.0.3163.79||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||61.0.3163.79||macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||61.0.3163.79||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|