On December 10, 2019, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 79 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10 / 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 79 fixed 51 security bugs.
What’s new in version 79
The major changes in Chrome 79 include:
- Chrome warns against password compromise and login leaks when logging into an account on websites.
- New WebXR Device API that allows you to work with “presence effects” and virtual reality technologies on the web.
- The new Tab Freeze feature reduces memory usage by freezing tabs. It is disabled by default and can be controlled by the experimental chrome://flags/#proactive-tab-freeze
- Real-time phishing protection that detects malicious sites 30% more effectively.
- The ability to reorder bookmarks has been added to the Android version.
Download Google Chrome 79
You can download Google Chrome 79.0.3945.88 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||79.0.3945.88||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||79.0.3945.88||macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||79.0.3945.88||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|