On October 22, 2019, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 78 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10 / Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 78 fixed 37 security bugs.
What’s new in version 78
The major changes in Chrome 78 include:
- Pre-support for shared clipboard on synchronized devices is now available, including clipboard sharing between mobile and desktop systems. The contents of the clipboard are encrypted using end-to-end encryption.
- For businesses, Google Drive is enabled by default in the address bar to search for files in Google Drive storage. The search is performed not only by titles, but also by the content of documents, taking into account their past opening history.
- An experimental feature (chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark) has been added to the desktop version to force the use of a dark design theme when browsing websites. Color inverting is used to provide a darker presentation of the site.
- In the Android version, the dark theme for menus, settings, and interface elements is enabled on the Settings > Themes
- In the iOS version, you can switch to dark mode if your device is updated to iOS 13.
- The iOS version also includes the ability to add a new credit card directly in Chrome from the settings page.
Download Google Chrome 78
You can download Google Chrome 78.0.3904.97 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||78.0.3904.97||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||78.0.3904.97||macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||78.0.3904.97||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|