On October 16, 2018, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 70 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10 / Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 70 fixed 23 browser security vulnerabilities.
What’s new in version 70
The major changes in Chrome 70 include:
- Notification of insecure HTTP protocol usage: When users try to enter personal data, a red “Not secure” message is shown.
- Support for Progressive Web Apps (PWAs), which turn websites and web services into something similar to standalone applications.
- AV1 decoder appeared (no encoding capability) with MP4 as supported container (ISO-BMFF). AV1 improves compression efficiency by more than 30 percent over the VP9 codec.
- Web Bluetooth is now available in Windows 10.
- An option has been added to disable web login and Chrome account login tethering, and the UI has been updated to more visually show account sync status.
Download Google Chrome 70
You can download Google Chrome 70.0.3538.77 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||70.0.3538.77||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||70.0.3538.77||macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||70.0.3538.77||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|