On July 24, 2018, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 68 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. A number of fixes and improvements have been implemented in both desktop and mobile versions of the browser. MacOS 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer supported.
What’s new in version 68
The major changes in Chrome 68 include:
- HTTP sites are now marked “Not secure.” Chrome does not recommend that you share your passwords and bank card numbers with such sites, since HTTP is much less secure than HTTPS in terms of information security.
- The Payment Handler API makes it possible for web-based payment apps to support the Payment Request experience.
- The iOS version has improved downloading from sites. It now works even when the browser is in the background.
- Also, the autofill forms and link handling on the App Store have been improved in the iOS version.
- In the Android version, autofill issues and the behavior of the “Add to Home Screen” button have been fixed.
Download Google Chrome 68
You can download Google Chrome 68.0.3440.84 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||68.0.3440.84||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||68.0.3440.84||macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||68.0.3440.84||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|