On January 25, 2017, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 56 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 56 fixed 51 security issues.
What’s new in version 56
The major changes in Chrome 56 include:
- HTML5 is enabled by default, Adobe Flash Player is automatically blocked for most sites that require the plugin.
- Browser now warns the user about security issues when opening HTTP pages transmitting passwords or payment card numbers.
- Added built-in support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec), which provides 50-60% audio compression without quality loss (lossless).
- Support for including images in notifications was implemented in the Notifications API.
- Reworked the implementation of overlay scrollbars.
- In the Android version, typos in text input forms are highlighted.
Download Google Chrome 56
You can download Google Chrome 56.0.2924.87 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||56.0.2924.87||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||56.0.2924.87||macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||56.0.2924.87||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|