On October 12, 2016, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 54 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 7, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 54 fixed 21 security issues.
What’s new in version 54
The major changes in Chrome 54 include:
- Implemented the ability to automatically convert YouTube videos embedded in Flash players on pages to HTML5 view.
- Static images (blue dot) are now displayed instead of animation to reduce CPU load for marking pinned tabs.
- A button has been added to the synchronized tabs section of the browsing history interface to hide information about pages opened on other devices.
- Mobile versions of the browser fixes incorrect display of bookmark icons, fixes problems identifying phone numbers on web pages and adds media playback in the background for sites that support it.
- Also, Chrome for Android has added the ability to use the Element.requestFullScreen() API to switch to full screen mode when you rotate your device.
Download Google Chrome 54
You can download Google Chrome 54.0.2840.71 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||54.0.2840.71||Windows 10, 8, 7||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||54.0.2840.71||macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||54.0.2840.71||Linux||.deb (Debian/Ubuntu)||Download .deb|