On March 2, 2016, Google released a new version of the Google Chrome browser. Google Chrome 49 runs on all major operating systems: Windows 10 / 7 / XP, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. Chrome 49 fixed 26 vulnerabilities found in previous versions, including 11 high-risk vulnerabilities. It’s the latest version that supports Windows XP and Vista as well as Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8.
What’s new in version 49
Major changes in Chrome 49 include:
- Experimental site engagement service. The developers have implemented a mode where the most visited sites are given more processing power. The feature is disabled by default. To enable it, go to chrome://flags/#enable-site-engagement-service, and move the slider to the enable position.
- Smooth scrolling animation if you use a mouse for it. The function does not require a lot of processing power.
- Material Design styling that is popular with users.
- Extension icons are now along with the search tab.
- Changes to the appearance of the bookmark bar.
- Changed incognito mode.
- Changed the look/design of the downloads page.
Download Google Chrome version 49
You can download Google Chrome 49.0.2623.754 from the table below.
|Google Chrome||49.0.2623.75||Windows 10, 8, 7, XP||Offline Installer||Download 64 bit
Download 32 bit
|Google Chrome||49.0.2623.75||macOS 10.6 or later||Offline Installer||Download|
|Google Chrome||49.0.2623.75||Linux (Debian/Ubuntu)||Offline Installer||Download .deb|